Lee's Imperial Welding was established in 1958 by Joseph M. Lee. Beginning as a small welding and steel fabrication shop. The name, "Imperial Welding", was derived from its original location on Imperial Avenue in Monte Vista, California.
In 1974, Joseph was joined by sons Gary and Keith, and became a licensed Specialty Contractor. During the dot-com boom, Gary Lee and Keith Lee presided over a period of expansion that transformed Lees Imperial Welding into one of the largest fabricators and erectors of structural steel, miscellaneous iron, architectural metals, stairs and rails in the Greater Bay Area, with annual revenues exceeding $60M.
Located today in Fremont, CA, we continue to play a significant role in Bay Area and Northern California commercial construction. Our client list includes prominent firms, such as: BCCI, Blach, DPR Construction, Devcon, Hathaway Dinwiddie, McCarthy Building Company, Pankow Builders, Plant Construction, Rudolph & Sletten, Swinerton Builders, Turner, XL Construction and many other recognizable names in our industry.
Lee's Imperial Welding is a licensed California Specialty Contractor #297204, (C51 Structural Steel and C23 Ornamental Metals) with average annual revenues of $30M. We enjoy an exceptional bond rate and safety record. Our company employs 25 management and administrative employees, 50-60 shop production employees, and 50-75 field employees. We are signatory to Iron Workers Local 790 (Shop) and Locals 377, 378 & 118 (Field).
Lee's Imperial Welding serves Northern California and the Greater Bay Area in market segments that include Commercial Construction (e.g. Mid Rise, High Rise, Tenant Improvement, and Seismic Upgrade); Industrial, Manufacturing, Data Centers, High-end Residential; Health Care (e.g. Hospitals, OSHPD, Medical Office Buildings, Laboratories); Public Schools (DSA); Colleges and Universities.